Monday, March 30, 2015

The "Easy" Doily - finished

I'm not thrilled with it. I think I'm too annoyed with this doily to even give it away.

I'm convinced there are mistakes in the pattern, and that it could be edged better.

Ugh!

It was VERY hard to block. I would have loved to have stretched it better ... the edging overlaps in the grooves; which maybe I'm just too up-tight but it bothers me. :P

This is about as good as I can make it look.

As a bit of a perfectionist, it's not enough to make me happy.

And, I retract my earlier statement about making this pattern again! I can't. I just can't. It's pretty, but knowing what went into it, and how difficult the pattern was to understand ....nope. If I did it again, I'd have to try to re-work the edging to lay better and there are too many patterns I want to try to fiddle with such a thing.

Still, it's an old nemesis conquered.

~Ashley~




No comments:

Post a Comment