Thursday, September 3, 2015

Not my doilies but worth sharing :)

This first doily, I am told, was made by my dh's grandma R. Isn't it pretty? :) I have found many pineapples but I'm not sure I've found a pattern with that open center. Or 7 petals? It intrigues me. :)


I am a bit in awe of the use of color in the next two! I don't really like switching colors.  So, all of this color is somewhat dazzling and impressive to me. :) If they were blocked they would be a bit more impressive, but I think the top one especially would be tricky to block with the motifs.  Let alone crochet it ... I almost wonder if it's a made-up pattern?  Probably not; but ... I just haven't seen anything like it that I am aware of - or I skipped over it in my mind because it looks complicated.....

I wonder if the inner ring is crochetted first, then each individualflower, then  the border was added? I suspect that is how it has to go together. I dont' think there is any way to do it in rounds!

Of course, I could be wrong. :)




I'd like the pattern for this one. Only I wouldn't use all those colors. ;)

I like the result, it's beautiful, but it's a lot of ends to weave in for my taste! :)


~Ashley~

No comments:

Post a Comment